- Podio Alternative #1: ManyRequests
- Podio Alternative #2: Monday.com
- Podio Alternative #3: ProofHub
- Podio Alternative #4: SmartTask
- Podio Alternative #5: Zoho Projects
- The Bottom Line
There’s an overwhelming number of project management tools out there.
That’s because finishing projects on budget and on schedule is hard.
Just check out some of the numbers:
One thing is certain – businesses need help to get things done.
Nearly 80% of high-performing organizations use some sort of project management software to make things easier.
Out of hundreds of project management solutions out there, Podio is one of the most popular ones.
Podio owes its popularity to its robust features and an ever-growing list of high-profile clients.
Podio makes it possible for your organization to:
- Collaborate on tasks and projects
- Reduce the number of reply-all chains
- Manage worker and team schedules
- Break down large projects into small pieces
- Have a clear overview of your work progress
Despite its popularity, for one reason or another, Podio might not be the right tool for you.It may be too complex or too expensive.
If that’s the case — we’ve got your back. In this post, we go over the five best Podio alternatives out there.
Podio Alternative #1: ManyRequests
ManyRequests is a great Podio alternative for smaller businesses or teams who don’t need Podio’s features.
It’s simple, affordable, and, most importantly, it’s easy to use. You can create tasks, projects, and milestones and assign them to team members.
It was built mainly for service-based businesses and agencies that need to manage client requests, accept payments, and have a fully-customized client portal accessible from a single dashboard.
The Starter Plan with all of the basic features will cost you less than $60 per month.
If you want, the Ultimate Plan with the complete feature set runs for $249 a month.
Main ManyRequests features
- Fully-featured client portal
- Client-request management features
- Intake and checkout forms
- Client invoicing features
- The interface is clean and modern-looking, which makes it easy to implement for any business
- White-label tool, which allows you to use your domain, email, branding, and business logo
- Allows you to automate your processes with Zapier integrations and other tool integrations
- The company often releases updated and new tool integrations
- Super-fast customer support that responds within one business day
- Explicitly built for agencies and comes with features that will fully fit any workflow
- While it has several integrations, it doesn’t have a public API yet
- ManyRequests still doesn’t support translations, even though this is a part of their roadmap
Podio Alternative #2: Monday.com
Previously known as dapulse, Monday.com is a comprehensive project management solution growing in popularity because it offers a lot of features for a low price.
It’s perfect for businesses who want to move away from email to manage projects and tasks.
You can create an unlimited number of boards, add as many team members as you want, and track an unlimited number of projects.
Monday.com is a tool used by more than 350,000 people from 76 different countries worldwide.
More than 40,000 teams use it to eliminate noise and get updates based on relevance and importance.
With Monday.com, you’ll be able to take business emails entirely out of the equation and collaborate easily with your team members.
Main Monday.com features
- Board creation to manage tasks and projects
- Task delegation and assignment
- Time tracking, Gantt charts, and reporting
- Unlimited number of team members
- Track an unlimited number of projects
- Comes with several templates that allow you to organize each department within your organization and arrange their activities
- Saves you time if you don’t want to create your custom workflows, with multiple options at hand
- Allows you to keep everyone on the same page by updating comments on activities instantly in real-time
- Gives you multiple ways to view data and progress of your projects like Gantt Chart and Kanban System
- Creating your workflow may be a bit hard if you don’t have experience with similar software
- The number of features and options might feel overwhelming for beginners
- The mobile version of Monday.com may be a bit slow at times (users report their screens freezing)
- Small companies that are just starting out may find the software a bit on the expensive side
Podio Alternative #3: ProofHub
ProofHub is a popular project management solution used by more than 85,000 small businesses and more than a few major ones.
You’ve probably heard of some: NASA, Netflix, and Disney, to name a few.
Why is the project management tool so popular among global corporations?
It offers many features for the price and is perfect for businesses who want to move away from using email to manage projects and tasks. Furthermore, it works great for companies that are actively growing.
Comes with an open API that allows you to connect it to practically any 3rd-party system out there.
Main ProofHub features
- Enables you to assign custom roles to your team members
- Markup tools allow you to review, proof, and annotate files
- Smart time tracking options and time reporting features
- Detailed resource and project reports in a single click
- You can give your ProofHub account a custom design with a few clicks
- Allows you to see work moving through multiple stages with the use of a Kanban board
- Great for companies that have worldwide teams and workers speaking different languages
- The interface might be a bit clunky, with users reporting numerous compatibility problems
- Setting up forms is easier said than done, especially for newbie users
- Proofing functionality, while handy, is minimal and won’t help you too much
Podio Alternative #4: SmartTask
SmartTask is a project management solution designed to make it easier for you to get organized and manage your projects.
It comes with a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to get started.
This Podio alternative is a Skillweb product. The company is one of the leading providers of employee scheduling and mobile workforce management solutions, so you know that you won’t make a mistake by choosing SmartTask.
It brings file sharing, task management, location tracking, and CMR function on one platform.
Main SmartTask features
- Invoicing and payroll features
- It captures the time of attendance of your team members
- Allows you to collaborate on shared projects
- Immediate notifications allow you to stay connected
- Allows you to resolve any workflow problems quickly and is easy to use for inexperienced users
- In addition to project management functions, SmartTasks also works as a CRM
- Reporting features a powerful and handy for small organizations with up to 20 employees
- UI/UX could use some improvements
- The look is a little outdated compared to other project management tools on the list
- The speed of the tool could use some improvement as well
Podio Alternative #5: Zoho Projects
Last but not least, we have Zoho Projects.
A part of the full Zoho business suite, the platform allows users to keep track of their project process, communicate efficiently, and discuss various business ideas.
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based system. That means that it’s easily accessible, no matter where your team members are located.
It’s perfect for agile teams to manage their projects. However, any organization can use it, no matter the type or size.
Main Zoho Projects features
- Task automation that saves you a lot of time
- Advanced time tracking options
- Project administration and issue tracking
- A lot of storage space with premium plans
Zoho Projects pros
- Has a basic plan that’s completely free, which allows you to try the tool out without any worries
- It’s simple to set up and use; however, there are advanced options for more experienced teams
- With its deep configuration options, it provides excellent value for your money
Zoho Projects cons
- Doesn’t come with premade templates, which makes things harder for newcomers
- The customer support team isn’t always available and can be hard to reach
- Resource management view is slightly unusual and may take time to get accustomed to
The Bottom Line
So there you have it. Those are the five best alternatives to Podio.µ
If you’re looking for a more affordable or more straightforward solution, one of these should do the trick. However, if you’re looking for something with all the bells and whistles, Podio is still your best bet.
Do you have a favorite project management tool that we didn’t mention?
Let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.